After 6 years the time had come to leave the kids at the airport. Why you should leave the kids behind in the care of their grandparents!
Before anyone say’s you selfish dad, we should reflect about all the things we do for our kids, it takes a lot of energy. Especially for those parents that are 24/7 and carers of those with children of disabilities, and those parents who single. A little “me/us” time is good for everyone, and good for the soul.
Reasons to why you should leave the kids at home
- You haven’t had a break or holiday in over 2 years – ouch! Its really important that you try and take a break or holiday at least every 12 months, there is quite a bit of research available on the benefits of taking holiday, for yourself and for the people around you. It helps with your overall wellness, and improving your physical and mental well-being. No one likes a mum or dad who is feeling run down and tired especially your family and kids, so if its been over 2 years you should really consider a break.
- If friends and family offering assistance to take care of your kids. Honestly, take it and enjoy a holiday break. When someone offers you help there maybe subtle reason they are offering. Its a small hint that they would like to see you take some time out and get some well deserved relaxation.
- Your feeling tense and stress and it’s affecting your relationship with your kids and your partner, husband or wife. Did you know that holidays or frequent mini breaks you take it will and can help you more in the long term, rather than merely recovering from overall tiredness. Have you have ever been on holiday and fall sick in the first days? That’s a sure sign you need to get away more, as your body suddenly shuts down to help recover and reset from the stresses of daily life.
- Who are you and how long have you been in the house? Taking a break is a great ways to rekindle and get to know your partner, husband or wife. By having holiday with or without the kids is a great way to rediscover your friends and family, and most importantly yourself.
- The kids have gone on a school excursion away, why can’t we have a break. Why should the kids have all the fun, if you find an opportunity to escape on mini break while the house is clear of kids, do it! The opportunity doesn’t always come around and you have to cease the moment.
So what are you doing right now, you obviously need a break from your routine. So why not plan and even be a little spontaneous and book that accommodation without the kids today.
Have you ever taken a holiday with no kids, tell us how you like to escape without the kids to relax and unwind..