When I was a kid, the catch phrase for Manly was: “7 miles from Sydney and a thousand miles from care”. The catchphrase has gone but Manly is still as much fun as it always was for kids – even without the fun pier.
Manly is possibly one of Sydney’s most family friendly destinations – there are countless activities for kids, from spying sharks at Sealife Sanctuary to riding a pushbike along one of its many bike-paths. Here are just a few ideas:
- Arrive bright and early for a family surf lesson
- Sneak in a lunch time pizza at Sugar right on the beach
- Hire a bike or inline skates and follow the Eco trail to Shelly beach
- Head to the iconic Hotel Steyne and enjoy seafood and steak in the courtyard
- Check into the Q-station hotel and experience a night time Ghost Tour
- Grab a sweet treat at Zumbos for a sugar rush
- Start the day by kayaking the harbour for sunrise with a smile
- Treat the grown-ups with lunch at Murrays Brewing Co.
- Take the time explore the Manly Sea Life Sanctuary…
Take a peek at this perky video – should inspire you to visit!