The Perisher Resort, NSW, Australia is one of the best ski resorts for families in the world and the largest in the southern hemisphere. The resort consists of four areas, Perisher Valley, Smiggin Holes, Blue Cow and Guthega providing plenty of options for all skiing abilities in the family. There are also a lot of other activities that you and your family can enjoy in and around the resort.
Why Perisher is good for Family Holidays
Perisher Resort really is a family friendly ski resort, providing the best options for family ski holidays with kids. Here are reasons to why its good;
- Perishers Kids programs caters for all skiing abilities from beginners to experts, aged 3 to 15 years of age.
- Instructors that really know how to have fun with the kids while teaching skills through engaging activities.
- Variety of other options for kids, such as the fab four and private ski school lessons.
- The Snowy Daycare also cares for children from 6 weeks old to 3 years.
- The Slow Areas and Family Zones make it fun to explore the resort with your kids who are new to skiing.
Things to do with the kids in Perisher
Perisher Resort activities are endless from peaceful walks on trails to tours in a snow groomer. For family fun why not discover some of the following options;
- Snow Groomer Tours – Take a tour in a Snow Groomer for an hour.
- Tobogganing and Snowman making – If you are looking to enjoy a timeless childhood delight, tobogganing is available on Pipers ridge.
- Watch the Perisher Valley or Smiggin Holes fireworks before sending the kids to bed!
- Enjoying some Night Skiing, or watch some of the big events on the mountain throughout the season.
- Tube town offers a variety of snow experiences involving high speed ride down the slopes and a lift back to the top again. It is a safe way to have fun and is suitable for thrill seekers of all ages.
Tips and Advice for the best family ski holiday with kids
- Hire your equipment at the resort at Perisher Snowsports Hire, for flexibility and convenience.
- Rent a locker in the Perisher Centre for your stay, its easier then carting gear back to your accommodation.
- For beginner kids, book a 2 hour private lesson before starting them in the Perisher Kids Programs.
- Purchase your family lift tickets before arriving online, plus you save time and money!
- Book lessons, perisher kids program and ski hire before arriving on the mountain, also saves time and money!
- Try to stay and ski perisher Monday to Friday.
Visit www.perisher.com.au for details and information.