Discover Singapore with the kids
Looking for a safe and nice place where you and your children can have some fun under the warm sun? How about visiting Singapore then? This well-developed country lies near the equator, providing your family many excitements wrapped by the nice tropical climate.
Why Singapore is great for family holidays.
The answer for that question will come up in a long list, but here are a few of the best reasons for your family to spend your holidays in this Lion city:
- Singapore is packed with lots of super interesting attractions that will make your family holidays a thrill.
- As one of the leading countries in Asia, Singapore has amazing facilities, even measured with the Western standards.
- No need to worry about the hygiene and sanitary issues. Singapore authority has strict rules related to those, making the country as one of the cleanest countries in the world.
- With the Western education system, everyone here can speak English well, and all of the street signs are written in English. These surely will make your communication easier.
- Singapore is a great place to learn about Asian culture, since the country consists of people from many different Asian ethnics.
- There are no traffic jams! The government strictly limited the ownership of private vehicles to suppress the pollution and traffic jam issues. As a bonus, the public transportation system in Singapore is just fantastic.
Things to Do with kids in Singapore
Singapore has been a favourite tourist destinations for years. Why shouldn’t it be? The country offers lots of interesting things to do for everyone there, including your kids. Here is a tiny section of fun things to do with family in Singapore:
- Have fun with your kids’ favourite movie characters at UniversalStudio. Let them join the Autobots to save the world, or boogie with the Penguins of Madagascar in their show. Your kids will surely adore this place!
- Explore the city by riding the Duck. What’s a duck? It’s a bus! It’s a boat! Well, it’s actually both of them. Yep, join the Ducktour, and you can go sightseeing on this unique amphibious vehicle. Something that your children can brag about to their friends later.
- Let your children satisfy their curiosity over the world of animals. Singapore has severalanimal-themedattractions that will make everyone entertained. Go to Singapore Zoo where you can meet the rare orangutans, watch exotic birds at Jurong Bird Park, or get a closer look at the life of nocturnal animals at Night Safari.
- Make your children happy by buying them awesome new stuff. Singapore has been known for a long time as a shopping paradise. From the street stalls to the luxury malls, you will find so many interesting things to buy.
- Bring them back in them where they can discover the amazing world of old school toys. Children Little Museum is a small but very interesting museum and shop that display old kampong’s (the Malay word for village) toys and other children’s stuff. There are some fun short courses, such as DIY wooden toy, available here.
- If your family is a group of adventurers, then go to Pulau Ubin where you can escape the concrete jungle for a while, and enjoy the quiet but interesting rural life.
Tips and Advice for visiting Singapore
- Book a family friendly hotel in Scott’s Road or at the top end of Orchard Road
- When its hot escape from the heat of the city, take a Singapore taxi to the Botanic Gardens
- If your staying in Singapore for a few days, purchase a three-day travel card
- Do not tip – there really is no need to do it, higher end restaurants you can though.
- Always take off your shoes if you are invited into someones home in Singapore
- Do not littering in any way, avoid smoking in public areas, and chewing gum.
Photo Credit: Singapore Tourism